Collection Order
<< < > >>

GAR Memorial Hall exterior 3, Terre Haute, Indiana

Description: Black and white photograph of Grand Army of the Republic Memorial Hall with a vehicle parked in front of it. The GAR Memorial Hall was located on Ohio Street on the south side of the Vigo County Courthouse in Terre Haute, Indiana. Formerly the Terre Haute branch of the Bank of Indiana chartered in 1834, and built in 1837. It was bought by GAR in 1910 who added the rear hall and made repairs.
Origin: 2014-11-20
Contributor(s): Peddle, Juliet, donor
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/vchs/id/6114
Collection: Vigo County Historical Society
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/
Copyright: Copyright Undetermined
Subjects: Grand Army of the Republic
Windows
Clapboard siding
Trees
Flagpoles
Cornices
Friezes (Entablature components)
Pediments
Architraves
Flutes
Cannons
Buildings
Clapboard siding
Chimneys
Antennas (Electronics)
Automobiles
Architectural elements
Architecture, Classical
Architecture
Architecture
Transportation

Further information on this record can be found at its source.