Description: |
This view looks west on East Michigan Street as the Haugh Hotel building is moved from 11 East Michigan Street one block east to 127 East Michigan Street. Seen to the left is Cambridge Flats and on the right the Chalfant Apartments, both located on North Pennsylvania Street.The Haugh building, designed by architects MacLucas and Fitton and built in 1916, was purchased by real estate dealer Z. B. Hunt and moved between August 25 and September 4, 1926 by the Kress-Oravetz House Moving Company to allow construction of the Indiana War Memorial. The building has been known as the Haugh Bachelor Hotel, the Haugh Building, the Michigan Hotel, and Michigan Apartments. [Source: various Indianapolis Star articles] |
---|---|
Origin: | 1926-08 |
Source: |
http://indianaalbum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/FCBC7C06-7704-4D83-B0B4-135980593593 |
Collection: |
Indiana Album |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-NC/1.0/ |
Geography: |
127 East Michigan Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States |
Subjects: |
Judy Carole (McKinzey) Carter Collection Hotels Moving of structures Indianapolis (Ind.) Marion County (Ind.) |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.