Description: |
The frame building has a sign for P. Williams Livery / Boarding & Sale. To the left is a sign for Dr. Williams. According to the 1905 Sanborn Fire Insurance map, the livery was located on the east side of South Main Street, south of the alley south of East Joliet Street.Horse dealer and veterinarian Philenus Williams (1848-1936) and son Harry Philenus Williams (1889-1979) sold the buildings to Ed Muzzall in June 1910 and a brick garage replaced the small frame building partially visible to the left in late 1910. The two-story livery building is also visible to the right in photos ia-0490-0006 and ia-0490-0009. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1910, circa |
Source: |
http://indianaalbum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/A6763783-C1A7-4BE4-A4AA-124224943935 |
Collection: |
Indiana Album |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/ |
Geography: |
Crown Point, Lake County, Indiana, United States |
Subjects: |
George Pyle / Lake County Glass Negative Collection Stables Buildings Crown Point (Ind.) Lake County (Ind.) |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.