The Moochers' Club House stood on the banks of the St. Joseph River north of Robison Park (an amusement park that is now gone) near Fort Wayne. According to local newspapers, the Moochers' Club bought the land in 1900 and built the cottage in the spring. The club was used for family reunions and as a hunting retreat. Henry Lawrence Hoffman, 3rd from left in front row, is the only person identified in this ca. 1905 photograph. Club members offered the cottage for sale in 1914.
Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, United States
Nancy (Poinsette) DeLullo Collection
St. Joseph River
Fort Wayne (Ind.)
Allen County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.