Commercial buildings line a dirt street looking west toward Center Street. To the right is the Friedrich Block (614-618 East 3rd Street) occupied by a 5 and 10 Cent Store [five and dime]. It was built in 1910 by Dr. Louis Martin Friedrich. The building with the corner tower in the center is the E. H. Guyer Block (534-538 East 3rd Street), constructed for Elijah H. Guyer in 1897. To the left is the Wild Building (615-619 East 3rd Street), constructed by Alwin Wild in 1910 for his furniture and undertaking business.[Source: Hobart Commercial District National Register Nomination.]
600 block East 3rd Street, Hobart, Lake County, Indiana, United States
Indiana Landmarks Postcard Collection
Lake County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.