Postcard depicting a view of Fairview Park. Prior to becoming the campus of Butler University, the 200-plus acres of Fairview Park on the northwest side of Indianapolis lured many city dwellers to its natural landscape, flora, and fauna (including both deer and peacocks. According to city histories, young couples used Fairview as a place to conduct their courting, sharing canoe rides on the canal.. Sundays brought outdoor concerts and plays to the park.In 1922, the park was sold to Butler University which was outgrowing its location in the Irvington neighborhood on the East side of Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
Evan Finch Collection
Marion County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.