Collection Order
<< < > >>

Dr. John A. Campbell with Lions Club Members Posing with X-ray Equipment, 1948

Description: On back of photo: The million volt x-ray machine; third of its kind in the U.S. and the third piece of radiology equipment purchased for the University by the Lions Clubs of Indiana. Installed about 1949. Original purpose of machine was to inspect armor plate in tanks and ships built for WWII. It was modified for medical use before its acquisition. [(r) Dr. John A. Campbell]Story about it and its use found in "Indiana University Medical Center Quarterly", v. 13, n. 4 (Oct. 1951), p. 91-100.
Origin: 1948
Publisher: "IU Physician," Sept. 1978, p. 23.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/IUPUIphotos/id/46
Collection: IUPUI Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: Copyright Trustees of Indiana University
Subjects: Indiana University School of Medicine. Dept. of Radiology
Lions Club (Ind.)
Medical personnel
Medical instruments and apparatus
X-rays -- Equipment and supplies
Radiography, Medical
Campbell, John A., 1914-

Further information on this record can be found at its source.