On slide mount: Central & 13th
The Former Central Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (now Central Avenue United Methodist Church)512 East 12th Street1891Williams and Otter of Dayton, Ohio, ArchitectsThis church, with several other structures in the city, form a representative sample of Romanesque Revival architecture. The visual impact of the massive roofs and campanile is obvious. This was a hallmark of the style.Established by members of Roberts Park Church, the first building for the congregation was at the northwest corner of North and Alabama Streets. At this time, it was known as Trinity Methodist Church. In 1877, Trinity Church merged with a United Brethren Church located at 12th and College to form the Central Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church. Construction of this building commenced in 1891, with its dedication occurring in 1892.Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Further information on this record can be found at its source.