Description: |
528 E. New York St., John Scheier House, Indianapolis, c. 1978 Yes John Scheier House 528 East New York Street 1875-76, moved in 1978 The house original to the site, a two-story Italianate, stood here until the late 1960s. It may have been built by the McOuat family around 1870 as a rental property. The present Italianate house was moved here in 1978 from 719 East New York Street. The house was built by German immigrant John Scheier in 1875-76. Scheier was listed in directories as a laborer, and later as a brick mason and contractor. The Scheiers dwelt here until 1905. The house was moved by Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana in 1978 and sold to Susanne Kasler. Features of this house include a truncated hip roof, entablature with cornice, lighted frieze and brackets, framed openings, two-over-two lights, three-bay main facade, shallow side porch, and a pronounced front entrance with a pedimented frame. Lockerbie Square Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1987 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/4504 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406. |
Geography: |
Indianapolis (Ind.) |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Italianate |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.