Description: |
On slide mount: 1516 N. Delaware St., HouseFirst Congregational Church at right Yes Former First Congregational Parsonage1516 North Delaware Street1893Aluminum siding obscures the Queen Anne surface materials (probably clapboard and shingle), but the flashed glass in the gable window and stained glass transom on the first floor window remain. It was constructed by Charles S. McBride.In 1881 McBride came to Indianapolis and worked for Kiefer Drug Co. Later he assisted John H. Holliday in the organization of the Union Trust Company. McBride was here until 1913 when Ralph A. Lemcke took up residence.A real estate dealer, Lemcke built and operated the Lemcke Annex (now the Consolidated Building). Also active in politics, he served as Marion County Treasurer and as a member of the Republican Executive Committee.The home was purchased in 1919 by the First Congregational Church next door and became its parsonage.Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Publisher: |
Bass Photo Co. |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/397 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Historic buildings--Indiana--Indianapolis Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts McBride, Charles S. Lemke, Ralph A. Queen Anne hip roofs chimneys shingle clapboard siding porches |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.