1221 N. Delaware St., Russell-Perry-Miller House [carriage house], 1977

Description: On slide mount: Carriage House Russell-Perry-Miller House 1221 N. Delaware St.,West & South elevations
Yes
Russell-Perry-Miller House1221 North Delaware Street1878-80Although this house has been badly neglected, it still retains most of its wood and metal Italianate details. The stone window lintels have incised floral motifs. The brackets are pressed metal, and the stone entrance surround has slender colonettes and other unusual details. Allen A. Russell, a dealer in agricultural implements, built the house. He sold the residence to John Calvin Perry in 1889.Perry was the owner of J.C. Perry & Company, a successful wholesale grocery. He left in about 1900 after it was purchased by an attorney, John G. Williams.In 1920 it became the residence of Samuel Duncan Miller. Also an attorney, Millers father, who lived next door at 1217 (now a parking lot), was U.S. Attorney General during Benjamin Harrisons administration. Miller lived here until his death in 1939. After this the home was converted into a physicians office.Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
carriage house
Origin: 1977-04
Source: http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/387
Collection: Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright
Geography: Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Subjects: Historic buildings--Indiana--Indianapolis
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis
Built environment
Historic districts
Russell, Allen A.
Perry, John Calvin
Williams, John G.
Miller, Samuel Duncan
Queen Anne
jerkinhead roofs
cupolas
slate
brick
stone
arches
chimneys

Further information on this record can be found at its source.