1639 N. Delaware St., Fishback House, 1986

Description: 1639 N. Delaware St., Fishback House, 1986, [Partial view left: 1643 N. Delaware St.]
Yes
Fishback House1639 North Delaware Streetc. 1880This house was constructed before 1887. An early recorded tenant was Frank E. Jones during the 1890s. Members of the Fishback family lived here from 1898 until 1925. the Fishbacks owned it from the 1880s until 1926. The house doubled in size between 1887 and 1898. Frank S. Fishback, occupant from 1904 to 1925, was the proprietor of the Fishback Warehouse Co. and served as a city councilman-at-large and county treasurer in the first decade of this century.This 2 1/2-story, frame house has a jerkin head gable roof with shed and gable roofed dormers, a 2-story front porch with square brick piers, and clapboard siding. Main features of the house include wide bargeboards, exposed rafter ends, large corner brackets, 3-bay main facade, and a front gable clad with vertical boards. A south side addition is aluminum sided.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986
single-family dwelling
Origin: 1986
Source: http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/2028
Collection: Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright
Geography: Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Subjects: Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis
Built environment
Historic districts
Stick Style
Queen Anne

Further information on this record can be found at its source.