Description: |
1605-07 N. Delaware St., Martin House, 1986, [Partial view left: 1609 N. Delaware St., partial view right: 1601 N. Delaware St.] Yes Martin House1605-07 North Delaware Streetc. 1880This house was constructed before 1887, with the first owner-occupant being John and Rebecca Martin. The Martins purchased the property in 1880, lived there in the early 1890s and sold it in 1898. The next owner-occupant was James Hewitt, from 1901 to 1912. By 1915, the house was listed as flats in the Sanborn atlas, rather than as a single-family dwelling. The last owner-occupant was Rev. Eulice V. Holt from 1945 until 1977.This 2-story, frame house has had much of its character obscured since before 1915, with the addition of the enclosed 2-story front porch covered with wood shingles. The other major feature of the front facade is the large front gabled dormer with decorative shingles. The porch was added between 1898 and 1913.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 multi-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1987 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Queen Anne |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.