1615 N. Delaware St., Tarker-Heeb House, 1986

Description: 1615 N. Delaware St., Tarker-Heeb House, 1986, [Partial view right: 1609 N. Delaware St.]
Yes
Tarker-Heeb House1615 North Delaware Streetc.1875This house appears to have been built in the 1870s. It appears on the 1887 Sanborn Map. The first owner-occupant was Justus B. Parker, from 1890 to 1892, followed by Emmett Heeb, from 1892 to 1913. Heeb operated the Indianapolis Business University. James McConnell owned the property from 1920 until 1948. After 1948, the ownership and occupancy rapidly changed.This 2-story, frame house is in the Stick Style. Vertical and horizontal boards and panels articulate the facade into clapboarded sections. The house is capped by a hip and gable roof with the front gable accentuated by the panels of flush boards and fish scale shingles. A small gabled portico exhibits the Stick Style in its exposed framework.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986
single-family dwelling
Origin: 1986
Source: http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1974
Collection: Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright
Geography: Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Subjects: Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis
Built environment
Historic districts
Stick Style

Further information on this record can be found at its source.