Description: |
1821-1823 N. Delaware St., Koeckert Double Residence, 1986 [Partial view right: 1817 N. Delaware St.] Yes Koeckert Double Residence1821-1823 North Delaware Streetc. 1884Max and Laura Koeckert owned this lot from 1879 until 1920. The house was constructed before 1898. The house was altered between 1898 and 1915 with the remodeling of the porch, which was made two-story after 1915. Koeckert was a shoemaker. The house was converted into a double before 1914. Ernest Langen was the next owner-occupant (1920-46), followed by Anton Dum (1946-1954) and John Meirams (1954 to the present).This 2-story, Queen Anne Style frame house has cross-gable roofs. The house features a full-width, 2-story front porch with square, fluted columns on the second level and square brick piers on the first. The house is covered with asbestos siding.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 multi-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1924 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Queen Anne |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.