Description: |
On slide mount: 554 Flecher, 1991, 3E Yes (moved to 560 Fletcher Ave) Smith House554 Fletcher Avenue1886Like several other homes along Fletcher Avenue, the architectural integrity of this building has been violated by the application of asphalt shingle siding. Few details remain. Julius Smith was the first owner occupant of the residence.Smith and his son, Julius Smith, Jr., owned and operated a tin shop, Julius Smith & Son. The shop was located on East Washington Street. The Smiths lived here until 1892. A subsequent resident, Louisa Merz, occupied the house from 1906 to 1916.Fletcher Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1980 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1991 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1396 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Smith, Julius Queen Anne clapboard siding insulbrick gable-front houses |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.