In the 1887 Madison City Directory, James T. McCoy operated a livery stable in the building. In 1912 John Feurstien maintained a livery there. By 1925 M. C. Litson owned and operated a livery and in 1927 the sign above the door was Wallace McNeel. Evidently the building was used for various purposes after 1927 and at times stood empty. In 1954 Bennett Motors was in the building, according to the city directory, and Bennett remained until about 1968. From about 1977 to 1993 Ivy Tech maintained a technical training center in the building. At some point the facade of the building was changed, doing away with the big, arched double doors. In 1995 the building stood vacant, but by 1998 it had become part of the Broadway Tavern property.
Harry Lemen, photographer
River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Further information on this record can be found at its source.