Collection Order
<< < > >>

Union Depot at Indianapolis

Description: This is postcard created from a lithograph drawing of the Indianapolis Union Depot, the north terminal of the Madison and Indianapolis Railroad. It has the following inscription on the back: "Union Depot--erected in 1852." It was torn down in about 1887 to be replaced by the present Union Station. Lithograph was published in 1854.
Origin: 1854
Created By: Polar Ice & Fuel Company
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4038coll5/id/259
Collection: River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Copyright: Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Jefferson County Historical Society. Please contact at 615 W. First St., Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2335.
Geography: Indiana-Marion County-Indianapolis
Subjects: Railroad stations
Railroads
Postcards
Lithographs
Indianapolis
Train depots

Further information on this record can be found at its source.