Knights of Pythias Building - 314 Jefferson Street

Description: The building with its medieval turrets was built in 1911. Its castle-like appearance has changed little since its dedication on November 9 and 10, 1911. At this time, the building was named New Castle Hall. Though the building was meant primarily as a lodge hall for the Knights of Pythias, the ground floor was, from the first, rented out for business. In 1977 the K of P headquarters sold the building to Herman Rains but the city directories record the building as Knight of Pythias Building until 1980. In 1999 Rains sold the building. It still houses retail and business offices. Picture taken circa 1920s
Origin: 1920
Created By: Harry Lemen, photographer
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4038coll5/id/105
Collection: River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Copyright: Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Geography: Indiana-Jefferson County-Madison
Subjects: Clubs

Further information on this record can be found at its source.