Collection Order
<< < > >>

Pickwick Theater

Description: This postcard image shows the exterior of the theater. Th]is theater was built and opened in 1947. There was a theater building on this site in the 1920s called the Oakland. It burned in 1927 and was rebuilt. It continued as the Oakland until the 1930s when a new owner rebuilt the theater again. The theater was reopened in 1936 as the Pickwick Theater. In 1946 a fire seriously damaged the Pickwick and the theater had to be rebuilt yet again. This building is the one seen in the image.
1947
Created By: Gladson, Gene
Publisher: Indiana. Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p181901coll1/id/346
Collection: DNR Historic Preservation and Archaeology
Copyright: To order reproductions, inquire about permissions, or for further information, see http://in.gov/dnr/historic
Copyright: Photo credit: Indiana State Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation
Subjects: Theaters
Syracuse (Ind.)
Kosciusko County (Ind.)

Further information on this record can be found at its source.