The Richmond Palladium was founded in Richmond, Indiana, by Nelson Boon in 1831, with its first issue published on January 1. Established as a Whig paper, Boon sold the Palladium to Thomas J. Larsh, who became its primary editor. While initial circulation numbers are not easily available, the Palladium's subscriber base grew by 500 between January 1834 and January 1835. The paper's name changed several times over the following decades: the Richmond Indiana Palladium (1837-39) the Richmond Palladium (1839-1854), the Richmond Indiana Palladium (1854-55), and the Richmond Palladium (1855-75). Cf. Miller.
Nelson Boon; D.P. Holloway & B.W. Davis; D.P. Holloway & Co.; Jenkinson & Cullaton
Indiana Digital Historic Newspaper Program
No Copyright - United States;
Richmond (Ind.) -- Newspapers
Wayne County (Ind.) -- Newspapers
Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana, United States
Further information on this record can be found at its source.