Description: |
Program for the dedication of the addition to the George Rogers Clark School, Clarksville, Ind., on April 6, 1976. In 1900 classes began in the new two-story brick building that contained four large classrooms and a central hall. The school was named Howard Park School for the neighborhood in which it stood, and in 1927 renamed George Rogers Clark School in honor the the Revolutionary War hero. Over the decades the school was remodeled several times. During the 1976 renovation the original school building from 1900 and the 1926 structure of additional classrooms were demolished. The school closed after the 2009-2010 year and the building is now privately owned. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1976-04-04 |
Source: |
http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll100/id/1948 |
Collection: |
Clarksville Historical Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/; |
Copyright: |
Copyright Undetermined; |
Geography: |
Clarksville, Clark County, Indiana, United States |
Subjects: |
George Rogers Clark School (Clarksville, Ind.) Schools--Indiana--Clarksville |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.