A hand drawn plat map of Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana. “A Plat of the Town of Charlestown respectfully inscribed to Messrs A.T. Green, A.P. Hay, A Mars, J.A. Sharp, Jas Garner, Jas C. Caldwell & Wm Duerson Junior Trustees of Charlestown for 1828 By S. Morrison Clk of the Board.” The map shows lots 1-400 and the Public Square with the location of the original Clark County Court House building which later became the Charlestown School. Original map is 13”x27.25”.
Clark County Collections
Charlestown-Clark County Public Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights such as publicity and/or privacy rights is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as works for hire copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana
Clark County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.