Saint Michaels Church 1928 fire photograph, Charlestown, Indiana

Description: A series of 10 pictures made into one larger panoramic style picture taken on 15 April 1928 of Saint Michaels Church in Charlestown, Indiana on Morrow Street while the building was on fire. This building was built in 1900. The original St Michaels Church, which was a log building built in 1860 on Highway 3 north of Charlestown where the cemetery is located, was named after its founder Father Andrew Michael who was the pastor of St. Joe Hill Church nearby in Sellersburg. A new church was built of brick on the same sight in 1928 after the fire. The brick building was used until October of 1952 when a new church on Monroe Street was dedicated. The brick church on Morrow Street is Evangel Church in 2016.
Origin: 1928-04-15
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15078coll17/id/11965
Collection: Clark County Collections
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/
Copyright: Charlestown-Clark County Public Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights such as publicity and/or privacy rights is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as works for hire copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Geography: Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana
38.4558644,-85.6652013
Subjects: Churches--Catholic
St. Michaels Church (Charlestown, Ind.)
Charlestown (Ind.)
Fires

Further information on this record can be found at its source.