Collection Order
<< < > >>

Winey Brothers plaining mill

Description: The Winey Brothers Manufacturing Co., located at 515 East Street, was established in 1902. Augustus, Austin, and Harvey Winey were the proprietors. The plaining mill provided a variety of woodwork products and, by 1910, 50-60% of its output was for customers outside of Elkhart. In 1927, the mill was taken over by the Winey Mill and Lumber Company headed by Martin Crow and relocated to 1102 N. Main Street at Simonton. The Winey brothers continued to have an active role in the business. This building was sold and occupied by various businesses until it was razed to make way for a new building.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/isl4/id/379
Collection: Elkhart Public Library
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/;
Copyright: No Copyright - United States;
Subjects: Elkhart County (Ind.)
Mills
Historic buildings

Further information on this record can be found at its source.