Collection Order
<< < > >>

William H. Roberts Yard and House

Description: View of the home of William Henry Roberts, vice-president of Roberts Dairy, located at 4051 East 42nd Street. Originally founded under the name William H. Roberts and Sons in 1877, it became a corporation in 1919 and was known for being the first area dairy to use glass milk bottles. They also delivered other meat and dairy products. The company was family-owned until 1987 when they filed for bankruptcy.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order.
Origin: Circa 1930
Created By: W. H. Bass Photo Company
Publisher: Digital image 2015 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Source: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/dc013/id/548
Collection: Panoramic Photograph Images
Copyright: This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: visualcollections@indianahistory.org.
Geography: Indiana--Marion County--Indianapolis
Subjects: Gardens
Houses
Businessmen

Further information on this record can be found at its source.