The grain elevators located at the corner of South Sherman Drive and Raymond Street are just north of Beech Grove, Indiana. They were constructed in 1918 by the Monolithic Concrete Company, and the Hugh J. Baker Company supplied the reinforcing steel. This panoramic view shows the grain elevators soon after they were constructed. They are located next to a railroad for easy access for shipping the grain. The street on the left is a view of South Sherman Drive looking north.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order.
Bretzman, Charles F.
Digital image2013 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Railroad freight cars
Further information on this record can be found at its source.