Collection Order
<< < > >>

View of West Baden Springs, Indiana, Circa 1910

Description: The town of West Baden Springs was originally named Mile Lick. It was renamed West Baden after the first hotel was built there in 1855. The town was the site of mineral springs which attracted guests to the hotel seeking the curative waters. This view of the town is seen from the front lawn of the West Baden Springs Hotel as it looked about 1910.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order. Bicentennial Train Image
Origin: Circa 1910
Created By: Bretzman, Charles F.
Publisher: Digital image2012 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Collection: Panoramic Photograph Images
Copyright: This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact:
Geography: Indiana--Orange County--West Baden Springs
Subjects: West Baden Springs Hotel (West Baden, Ind.)
Health resorts
Sulphur springs

Further information on this record can be found at its source.