Elliott and Antrim Block, Sheridan, Indiana

Description: First called Millwood in 1860, this town was renamed Sheridan in 1871 to honor General Philip H. Sheridan. Undertaker and furniture dealer J.G. Antrim wrote of his store, we own . . . over 8000 square feet . . . a dandy store for a town our size.
Message on postcard reads: The picture on opposite side is our store we own the second down on ground floor and all the second story over 8,000 square feet floor space have a dandy store for a town our size would like to hear from you Best wishes J. [G. Antrim] Postcard addressed to: Mr. & Mrs. Geo Weimer San Jos Ill.
Origin: 1907-07-19
Source: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/P0391/id/988
Collection: Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
Copyright: Use must be accompanied with the attribution: Indiana Historical Society.
Geography: Indiana
Hamilton
Sheridan
Subjects: Hamilton County (Ind.)
Business districts
Buildings
Storefronts
Stores & shops
Transportation
Street lights

Further information on this record can be found at its source.