Collection Order
<< < > >>

West Newton High School, West Newton, Indiana

Description: Quakers settled in the area of West Newton as early as 1819, but the town was not platted until 1851. It was first called Easton and then Newton, before it was renamed West Newton by the postmaster to distinguish it from another town in Indiana.
Origin: 1910
Publisher: Digital Image 2009 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Source: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/P0391/id/1218
Collection: Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
Copyright: This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: visualcollections@indianahistory.org.
Geography: Indiana
Marion
West Newton
Subjects: Marion County (Ind.)
High school buildings
High schools
Schools
Playgrounds

Further information on this record can be found at its source.