Description: |
The first courthouse was built in 1824 and was followed by three more within the next 50 years. The older 1866 structure pictured here was replaced by the present facility in 1925. John F. Bayard of Vincennes was the architect for the current courthouse. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1910-04-22 |
Source: |
http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/P0391/id/1188 |
Collection: |
Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection |
Copyright: |
Use must be accompanied with the attribution: Indiana Historical Society. |
Geography: |
Indiana Vermillion Newport |
Subjects: |
Vermillion County (Ind.) Courthouses Government facilities |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.