Waldron was platted in 1854 by George Stroup and at first was called Stroupville. It was renamed Waldron in 1876. A political rally was held there in 1908, the year Democrat Thomas R. Marshall was elected Indiana’s governor and Republican William Howard Taft was elected president. Marshall later became the 28th vice president in 1913.
Michelson Photo Co., Shelbyville, Ind.
Digital Image 2009 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Shelby County (Ind.)
Political parades & rallies
Further information on this record can be found at its source.