Perry County has had four county seats. The first was at Troy, chosen in 1814. The second was Rome (originally named Washington and then Franklin) in 1819. Cannelton became the third in 1859. In 1994 a new county courthouse was opened in Tell City.
Digital Image 2009 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Perry County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.