Description: |
This flour mill was built in 1857 by J.C. Spink, one of the first city councilmen of Washington. He operated it with his partner until he gave up his share in 1875 after flood losses. It was destroyed by a fire in 1885 at a loss of 12,000 dollars. Local farmers are seen here at the mill with their wagons. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1908 |
Source: |
http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/P0391/id/1064 |
Collection: |
Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection |
Copyright: |
Use must be accompanied with the attribution: Indiana Historical Society. |
Geography: |
Indiana Daviess Washington |
Subjects: |
Daviess County (Ind.) Mills Mills and Mill-work Farmers Carts & wagons |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.