Kewanna was named Pleasant Grove in 1845 and was later called Pinhook. In 1871 it was renamed for the Potawatomi chief Kee-waw-nee, whose name meant Prairie Chicken. He lived in the area from around 1800 until 1837 when the Indians were removed. This view shows the Kewanna railroad depot and grain elevator in the early 1900s.
Digital Image 2009 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Fulton County (Ind.)
Railroad freight cars
Further information on this record can be found at its source.