This tall mill and grain elevator stood on the southwest corner of Capitol Avenue and Poplar Street in Corydon, Indiana, and was commonly known as "The Elevator." It was built in 1906 by Ephraim Hickman and Eliphalet E. Hickman, and had a capacity of 20,000 bushels. In 1909, C. W. Thomas and Edward O'Connor purchased the Corydon Elevator business. E. E. Hickman bought O'Connor's interest in 1913 and Thomas's interest in 1917. David Keller became a partner in 1919, and in 1924 the business was sold to William H. P. Wiseman and his son, Alva H. Wiseman, who became the sole owner in 1931. The Harrison County Farm Bureau Co-op purchased the elvator in January 1939 and operated the site until it was destroyed by fire in October 1986.
Mills of Harrison County
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana
Further information on this record can be found at its source.