Description: |
A view of the First State Office Building on Walnut Street in Corydon, Indiana. Built in 1817, the building housed the offices of state auditor and treasurer from 1816 to 1825. It was then converted into a seminary, making it one of Corydon’s earliest school buildings. Following that, it became the home of Amzi and Aurelia Brewster. It continued to be owned and occupied by members of the Brewster family for 117 years. The building was restored in the 1960s, and in 1988 Brewster descendants sold the historic property to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, which maintains it as a historic site. |
---|---|
Created By: |
Williams, James D. |
Source: |
http://cdm17251.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p17251coll14/id/247 |
Collection: |
J. D. and Elisabeth Williams Slide Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: genealogy@hcpl.lib.in.us |
Geography: |
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana |
Subjects: |
Winter Snow Historic buildings |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.