Constructed on the Delaware County Fairgrounds in 1954. Originally built in Washington Township in 1829 by William Heal. Sign on cabin: This log cabin is the property of the Delaware County Historical Society. It was built in 1829 by William Heal on his farm 1 mile north of Wheeling. In 1935 it was presented to The Historical Society by Mr. and Mrs. George (Gene) Heal. Engraved on stepping stones: Volney Willson 1845.
More information about this image can be found in the Greene, Richard A. Our Neighborhood Articles collection.
This archival material has been provided for educational purposes. Ball State University Libraries recognizes that some historic items may include offensive content. Our statement regarding objectionable content is available at: https://dmr.bsu.edu/digital/about
Greene, Richard A., 1903-1984
North and Central America
Delaware County Historical Society (Delaware County, Ind.)
Delaware County Fairgrounds (Muncie, Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.